Saturday 12 April 2014

Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo Review

Hey guys! So I'm back today with another review for you, and it's on the Maybelline 24hr colour tattoos! So if you haven't heard of these little beauties, then I hope this review will inform you on how amazing they truly are!
 
 
 
 
"Dare to wear 24HR shadow.
• Ink technology creates 24HR wear shadow for our most intense, long-lasting colour saturation
• Cream formula glides on without creasing and keeps colour vibrant
• Ophthalmologist-tested. Safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers"
 
First of all I think the packaging of the colour tattoo's are not only super cute but also super handy! The transparent packaging allows you with ease to see which colour is which when stored, which is great! I think it can be particularly difficult when you have a large makeup collection to find something easily, but the transparent packaging makes it ever so simple to find the shade your after!
 
 
 
So there are four collections within the Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoos. First there is the regular collection which features 10 vibrant shades, which include some snazzy names such as Audacious Asphalt, Pomegranate Punk, and Edgy Emerald. The second range they brought out was the Metal collection, featuring 5 bold shades including Electric blue, Silver Strike and the ever so famous Barely Branded. The third collection was a limited edition collection, which I believe featured 3 matte shades, including Just Beige, Nude Pink and Matte Brown. I honestly cannot recall the matte collection being realised in Australia, which is a huge shame as they sound incredibly cool! The final, and most recent collection I believe, is the Pure Pigments Loose Powder colour tattoos. This collection has a range of 12 explosive shades which include Forrest Fatale, Improper Copper, and Never Fade Jade. WOWZERS! They sure are creative with their product names!
 
 Now onto the review! I only currently own two colour tattoos, one from the regular collection and one from the metal collection. From the regular collection I have 10 Fierce & Tangy, which is the most intensely gorgeous orange! And from the metal collection I've got 70 Barely Branded, which is a gorgeous champagne.
 
 
 
I have to say im extremely impressed with the pigmentation and lasting power of the product! After swatching them, I had to literally scrub for 2 minutes to remove the product off my hand! I don't however believe that they would last 24 hours on the lid, but they have lasted me a good 9-10 hours without creasing but that's just me!
 
 
 
The consistency is ever so creamy and smooth, and they apply to the lid nice and evenly. I recommend applying the product with your finger, and then blending with a brush as the product is a crème and applies best with finger tips. I like to use Barely Branded as my eye shadow base, on the inner corner and also to highlight my brow bone.
 
The Maybelline 24hr colour tattoos are considered a dupe for the MAC paint pots, which for the price, is something definitely worth checking out! Overall, I love the colour tattoos, I think they have amazing pigmentation, super long lasting power, and you can create so many gorgeous looks with them!
 
You can purchase the colour tattoos at pretty much any drugstore, along with Kmart and Target. They price for $11.95 in Australia, and you can pretty much catch them on sale everywhere!
 
Thankyou so much for checking out my review! If you have any recommendations for further posts or reviews then please let me know!
 
Sarah x
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment