Wednesday 29 October 2014

♥ Australis AC ON TOUR Contour & Highlight Kit ~ Review ♥


Hey beauties!

After seeing so many people on Instagram going insane about the new Australis AC ON TOUR contour and highlight kit (c on tour? I see what you did there Australis haha!) I decided to pick it up for myself! It's absolutely crazy the resemblance between this and the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit which is the obvious reason as to why everyone is so excited! With the ABH Contour Kit priced at AU $70.00 and the Australis costing AU $16.95 this product is already a winner in my eyes! I think its quite unusual for this much hype to develop around a drugstore product so I just had to see what all the fuss was about and I'm SO glad I did!

The Australis AC ON TOUR contour and highlight kit can be purchased either on the Australis Cosmetics website or in Priceline, both these locations however have been sold out since it's release so keep an eye out for when they restock! A major plus about this product is that it's NOT a limited edition which I had initially thought, which is fantastic because now we can all get our hands on this little gem! I have been playing around with this palette a few times now so I thought I would do a review for you guys for anyone who is considering purchasing this and would like to see swatches and my thoughts! 

(Sorry about the grubby marks)

The packaging of the Australis contour and highlight kit is really simple and features gorgeous pink and black exterior. I think the packaging is quite sturdy despite it being plastic. Something which I love about the packaging is that Australis has included a little 'how to' guide on the back showing how to apply the contour and highlight shades, this is great for beginners and is a nice little touch.


 The Australis Contour and Highlight Kit do not have names for the contour and highlight shades however use numbers instead. I'm honestly not too bothered about shade names as most drugstore products use numbers and for the price of this baby I'm not going to complain!

The top row includes three highlight shades; the first being a matte pink/cream toned powder which I have been using to set my makeup and it doesn't do a bad job either! Obviously It's not something id reach for to powder my face everyday but for travelling its pretty useful to have. The middle shade is my favourite of all three highlight shades, a matte yellow toned powder (also referred to as a 'banana' powder) which ive been obsessed with for setting my under eye concealer as it brightens the eye area and makes me look more awake (I'm currently rocking the Godzilla look due to year 12 assessment haha!) The final highlight shade is a shimmery warm beige highlight which gives a gorgeous natural glow when applied to the cheek bones, I actually really love this highlighter!



The bottom row features three contour shades which are all matte. The first contour shade is a really warm brown which I love to use for bronzing up my face. The middle shade has to be my favourite contour shade due to the grey undertones. As a pale girl It's really hard finding a contour shade which doesn't look muddy and orange so this shade is perfect for creating a really natural looking shadow! The third shade is an earthy toned reddish brown, this will probably be the shade I get the least use out of. 



The AC ON TOUR contour and highlight kit is amazing for the price and the quality really surprised me! Both the contour and highlight shades blend seamlessly and are so versatile for different skin tones. This would also be a great palette to take travelling or for beginners as it essentially includes a face powder, under eye setting powder, highlighter and three bronzer's, what's not to love! This palette is extremely pigmented and so I would recommend being light handed and slowly building up the shades as they do blend beautifully.

 I HIGHLY recommend you pick up this palette if you have the opportunity! Well done Australis you've got my approval! Let me known down below If you've tried the Anastasia one and how it compares!



Sarah xx










4 comments:

  1. It sounds amazing - I'm desperate to get my hands on it haha! I'm so glad it's not limited edition. The banana shade, and cool toned shade look amazing. I'm currently a godzilla too - damn you year 12!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just keep an eye out at priceline lovely! I asked them to reserve me another one for my friend so you could always try that! Yes, they are both amazing shades i'm so in love with the palette its freakin amazing! haha i feel ya, year 12 is draining! x

      Delete
  2. I've never been a fan of Australis products but I think I may have to give this a go now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the same with me but I was so surprised by this product! I hear their new bronzed eye shadow palette is impressive too! x

      Delete